SIGN THE INTERNET COMMON VALUES CHARTER!
Conference 10 YEARS OF INACH - Encountering Hate Online - Ways to promote a better Internet
International Conference on the occasion of the 1 0th anniversary of the International Network Against Cyber HateThe conference, which took place on September 24, 2012 in Berlin was a resounding success, with speeches by German State secretary Dr. Christoph Bergner, Dr. Ralf-Rene Weingärtner, Director for Human Rights and Anti-discrimination at the Council of Europe and many other interesting and useful contributions from panelists and speakers, focusing on the way forward and new methods to engage online hate. The President of the German State, Mr. Joachim Gauck, send a letter congratulating INACH on its 10th anniversary, stressing the importance of our work and the work on countering Cyber Hate in general. During the conference the anniversary booklet '10 years of INACH' was presented, as was the Internet Common Valuse Charter drafted by INACH. Video and photos of the conference can be found below.
Conference photo-impressionPhotos of the conference
- Opening speeches by Stefan Glaser, Deputy Director jugendschutz.net, Germany
Dr. Christoph Bergner, State Secretary, German Federal Ministry of the Interior and Philippe Schmidt, Chair of INACH
- Cyber Hate: A Vision challenged by a New Online Era
Keynote Speech by Ronald Eissens, INACH board member and Director of Magenta Foundation, Netherlands
- Panel Discussion 1: The Online in Line with Human Rights: Ethics & social responsibility on the Net. Introductory Speech: Dr. Ralf-Rene Weingärtner, Director for Human Rights and Antidiscrimination at the Council of Europe. Panelists: Dr. Ralf-Rene Weingärtner, Simone Rafael, 'Netz gegen Nazis', Germany and Patricia Cartes, Facebook Europe. Moderator: Jonathan Vick, ADL, USA
- Panel Discussion 2: Fighting Cyber Hate: Responses to new challenges. Presentation by Tal Dror, Israeli Student Union (project on countering Online anti-Semitism and Holocaust denial), Presentation by Anca-Ruxandra Pandea, Educational Advisor,
Council of Europe Youth Department, Presentation by Nadia El-Imam, Edgeryders-Project, EU and Presentation by Jörn Menge, campaign-director 'Laut gegen
Nazis', Germany. Moderator: Ronald EIssens
- Panel Discussion 3: Freedom and Respect: A Vision for a new Online Era. Philippe Schmidt, Chair of INACH, Thomas Krüger, President of the German Federal Agency for Civic Education, Dr. Arnd Haller, Google Europe and Jonathan Josephs, International Jurist, Member of the Global Forum for Combating anti-Semitism, Israel. Moderator: Lina Gidlund, DU, Sweden. Closing of Conference by Thomas Günter, Legal counsel, Jugendschutz.NET.
- Press release
- Tageschau - German TV News
- ARD (text)
- Inforadio (Radio & text)
- Photos of the Press Conference
INACH Booklet - 10 years of INACH
- 30-09-2011 - Program of the INACH 10th annual Conference, September 24, 2012, Berlin, hosted by Jugendschutz.NET
- 25-07-2011 - INACH Press release on the atrocities in Norway
- 04-05-2011 - Short report on the INACH Conference 2010, Vienna